Dream of the Month (December 2011)
- Title: Freedom Past And Present
- Date of the Dream: 2011 (mailed Wednesday, 23 November 2011)
- Dream: My husband and I were on vacation with our dearest friends, in a place that was a bit familiar but strange. The guys stayed at the hotel, and my friend and I went for a walk. We came across a carnival, and she went into a long line for a pitch-and-toss game. I went on to the next stall, and found myself in a karaoke thing, dressed in a purple negligee, and was singing and dancing "Shake it up, Baby", with complete abandon. The man in the booth smiled gently, and when I was done, we went behind the curtains. We had a sexual encounter, and then he held out my favourite book and said he was nearly done, would I wait until he finished it. I was late meeting my friend for the ferry, but she wasn't mad, just pensive. We returned to the hotel and carried on as usual.
- Significant life event: Prolonged illness
- Personal concerns/issues: Waiting for my grandchild (who has heart problems) to be born, worry about my daughters and their families, various family and friends with illnesses.
- Associations: It was like stepping back in time to my youth, meeting with gentle souls that I'd known before, feeling free and attractive and young and carefree, a window on a different path.
- Categories: Anomalous and Sexual
- Pen Name: Freedreamer
Dr. Holloway's Comments:
Often, sexual passion in a dream actually represents life passion: the types of interests, behaviors, expressions and sharing that make us feel alive and provide us with simple and pure joy. The entire setting and action of this dream seem to encourage the exploration of passion, fun, self-expression and meaning. The message to “shake it up, baby” is not a signal to throw away stability, but rather to add color, expression, aliveness and song into the mix. Although the carnival seems like a setting of abandon, it is actually a setting in which it is appropriate to follow your interests, to sing your song and to look beneath the surface and explore your passions. If you can cultivate real life situations in which your creativity is encouraged, your expression is welcomed, and you feel free to explore, you will enjoy a new sense of balance in your life, and likely uncover some unexpected gifts along the way.