Dream of the Month (January 2009)
- Title: The Yellow Canary
- Date of the Dream: 2008 (mailed Tuesday, 16 December 2008)
- Dream: I kneel in front of my birdcage, on my family’s lawn. When I open the cage door, my yellow female canary leaves the cage and promptly flies away. She flies towards the woods. I run after her and call her name, but she does not return. I am heartbroken. I am so attached to this little bird. I sorrow over losing her. Her name is Chica, and she has been with me for 10 years.
I return to the house. I am in my sister's room, when Chica flies in through the window. I catch her and hold her in my cupped hands. I talk to her and stroke her neck the way I know she likes. I show her off to everyone in the house and everyone is happy with me.
Suddenly Chica turns into a lovely, delicate, graceful 10-year old girl. She talks to me and I am amazed that she can talk, because she had been a bird for 10 years. Then, suddenly, my handsome, successful nephew, my other sister's son, is there. He and I stand side by side on the lawn, and Chica stands in front of us. We pose for the camera, like a family.
- Significant life event: I read Sabine Lucas' book about Past Life Dream Work and was inspired to study my dreams again after having lost interest.
- Personal concerns/issues: Persistent issue of not feeling safe living among often violent and vicious humans, and creating safety.
- Associations: The dream seems to confirm that devas, who want to continue their evolution in the human kingdom, spend several life cycles in the bird kingdom in order to become used to dense physical bodies - as Alice A Bailey describes in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire. At my nephew's wedding, an energy passed between us like lightning that gave the message that we were each other's true mates.
- Category: Psychic Experience
- Pen Name: DreamJenn
Dr. Holloway's Comments:
Striking Characteristics: When animals transform into people, or have the gift of speech in dreams, this is often emblematic of the dreamer’s ability to see into, or beyond the assumptions that surround her.
Magical pets and animals in dreams are always a good sign, as they tend to represent the dreamer’s gifts of intuition, clear seeing and spiritual wisdom. These magical creatures are like the voice of nature, in ourselves, speaking loving wisdom and granting us permission to believe what we already know is true.
In this scene, we see that the bird escapes from her cage, another suggestion of moving beyond the norm, or becoming “larger” in your own life. Yet, she is not lost when she becomes free, she simply has expanded her world, and is able to come back, transformed, to her family and stand with her loved ones. Transcendence does not separate us from those we love, it returns us, reconnects us, in a healing way. It seems likely this dreamer is going through her own “quantum leap” and is able to embrace the familiar from a richer perspective, with an open heart.