Dream of the Month (June 2007)
- Title: Losing My Connection
- Date of the Dream: 5/25/2007 (mailed Sunday, 27 May 2007)
- Dream: I was in waiting room while on a trip to the Radio City Music Hall and was separated from my group. A big boss type directed a thin, malnourished woman, who seemed to be a gofer, to help me reunite with them. She took me to her car, which she lived in with her two cats, a mother and a kitten. She drove me to meet my group, but they had already gone. I followed her to the top of a skyscraper, when she suddenly dove over the side! Fearfully at first, and then feeling I would be okay, I dove headfirst too, and landed on my feet near a carnival that was shut down for the winter. A large, well-dressed, powerfully built black man blocked my path. Upon touching his arm, it felt flabby. I knew he needed help in some way. He knew the woman too. We agreed to pray for each other.
- Significant life event: None
- Personal concerns/issues: Earlier in the week I had some problems finding the right battery for my 5th wheel.
- Associations: It's just a wild dream. My wife thinks it is deeply symbolic of spiritual development.
- Category: Anomalous
- Pen Name: Joe
Dr. Holloway's Comments:
Striking Characteristics: We often dream of attempting to reunite with people when we are about the business of settling internal questions: claiming our own ground, our peace, our certainty in a deeper way.
Dreams may point out exquisitely subtle processes in the psyche, which have not been in the forefront of our attention. This dream suggests that one process occurring here is the quest for reunion and reconnection (not necessarily physical: more likely spiritual or psychological). This is a time to honor what you value most, to trust the simple, modest ways that you feel most connected and content, and to be open to give and receive help, kindness and recognition. The dream shows dramatically that fear and judgment are not part of this process, but rather that growing trust in your revelations will help your understanding unfold. This is likely a journey of the spirit and of the heart for which you are well equipped with faith, kindness and awareness.