Dream of the Month (November 2006)
- Title: The Virgin Birth
- Date of the Dream: 10/19/2006 (mailed Thursday, 19 October 2006)
- Dream: After splitting up with my partner of two-and-a-half years, I have been feeling slightly confused as to what I want out of life. I want to travel, but that posed the question: with whom?
I had a dream last night, in which I gave birth to a baby girl, in a hospital that I didn not recognize. There were members of my family present for the birth. Some other people I know, but am not particularly close to, were present as well. It was a relatively pain-free birth. Then I went home and continued my life with a child; there was no sign of my partner in the dream.
- Significant life event: My split with my partner of two and a half years
- Personal concerns/issues: Did I do the right thing with the split; did I want my ex back?
- Associations: Maybe I did the wrong thing; perhaps he is the one.
- Categories: Psychic Experience and Recurring
- Pen Name: Tinkerbell
Dr. Holloway's Comments:
Striking Characteristics: Dreams that feature a birth may symbolize a beginning in life, such as making a fresh start, or beginning a new chapter.
When birth dreams occur immediately after a life change, the likelihood is strong that the dream is pointing out that, as the cliché goes, every ending is also a beginning. Birth dreams are typically positive reminders that a painful transition can also be viewed as the labor pains of a new part of life emerging. This dream seems to suggest that focusing on the future with confidence is the way to go. Nurture, accept and celebrate this new part of your life, and go forward, without spending too much time second guessing yourself or having doubts about the past.