Dream of the Month (May 2006)
- Title: Bubble
- Date of the Dream: 4/12/2003 (mailed Wednesday, 12 April 2006)
- Dream: I was with some students, and we sang: "We Wish You A Merry Christmas," but after three times without success at harmonizing, I became aggravated. I then decided to show them my ability to fly. At that point, I heard very beautiful music and as the music continued, I floated up. I was able to do flips and other movements with such ease. Then I felt as if I was beginning to go back down. In my effort to stay balanced and afloat, I grabbed the air.… I could see that my grip was creating wrinkles as if the air were plastic wrap. I could see the sky and trees in a magnified sort of way. I next was with a fellow employee and I was ready to tell her of my experience. I told her: "You are not going to believe what I am going to tell you!” She had a stack of books for sale and she replied: "I will believe anything.” Then I woke up.
- Significant life event: none
- Personal concerns/issues: I am in the process of looking for a new place to live.
- Associations: none
- Categories: Anomalous and Psychic Experience
- Pen Name: chickadee
Dr. Holloway's Comments:
Striking Characteristics: Positive flying dreams often reflect talents and enthusiasms that let us “soar,” in the real world.
As this dream begins, there is a lack of harmony. What should be a unifying and beautiful group effort fails after three tries. In response to her frustration however, this dreamer takes to the skies, allowing herself to soar and experience a different kind of oneness; hopefully inspiring her students as well. This suggests that what is easy and playful to her may not be as easy for others. She wants the group to make “beautiful music together,” but sometimes it isn’t easy. This is the frustration and the gift of people who recognize potential in others and try to turn the spotlight on possibilities. Some days miracles are on the menu, other days frustration is the main course. This dream seems to suggest that the light touch is best: you cannot grasp the sky in your hand, but you can fly high by listening to the “music” and the meaning that is in your heart. As the dream concludes: Believe!