Dream of the Month (June 2003)
- Title: Catching Beautiful Flying Fish
- Date of the Dream: 5/22/2003 (mailed Thursday, 22 May 2003)
- Dream: I'm in a darkened room that is illuminated by gold and bluish light that may be emanating from my fish tank. These beautiful, mainly silvery white, super-sized goldfish seem to leap out of the tank and fly or stay airborne. In the dream, at first I am concerned and a little worried about getting the fish back to the tank safely. I successfully and easily grab hold of the wriggling fish and return them to the tank. Then, I feel amazed and pleased about the entire experience.
- Significant life event: A little over a week ago, a potential male companion and I decided to remain "just friends". He is significantly older and not interested in having any more children. I have no biological children and very much want to try to have one, my fertile years are fast coming to an end.
- Personal concerns/issues: The beginning of my menstrual cycle right before I fell asleep. My upcoming 40th birthday, in 2 days. I am also on the brink of considerable professional and material success, but I face many challenges that need to be overcome.
- Associations: I'm wondering if the dream was meant to give me encouragement or prophesize business success, or success in finding the right mate and having a child. I did notice that this occurred on the 22nd. I've had some amazing psychic/spiritual experiences related to that number. Numerologically speaking 22 can relate to great material, social and spiritual success.
- Categories: Anomalous and Recurring
- Pen Name: Natalie's Baby
Dr. Holloway's Comments:
Identifying Characteristics: Fish tanks sometimes represent our inner emotional reservoir.
This dream seems to be saying that you have made a good decision, for yourself, for your emotional well being, and for your special inner magic to thrive. These luminous fish probably represent a unique gift you have for blending honest emotion with inspired creative thought. Sometimes ideas seem to fly up and out of your gut; made equally of intellect and heart. This means that you, like the dream’s magical fish, need a special habitat in which to thrive, and both freedom and security in order to feel grounded. Don’t think you have to compromise too much, or flatten out your spirited nature to fit in. Instead, focus on creating the environment, the relationship, and the “tank” you need to glow, and follow your inclination to fly and return home without doubting it.